Classes offered by COWS Members
Jeri Ellis-Platt, Lavonne Suwalski
Antonio Gonzalez Garcia
- Watercolor Class, Saturdays, 9 am to noon, Monday afternoons
- Cultural Arts Center, 139 West Main St., Columbus, OH 43215.
- Cost per 8 week session; Visit web site for current cost of classes: www.culturalartscenteronline.org
- Studio Watercolor Classes
- Watercolor techniques applied to papercrafts: Workshops include all supplies for students to complete several little works of art. Great for watercolor novices to learn basic watercolor techniques and for watercolor artists to learn modern papercrafting gear. Contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (702)339-6378 for more information
- Watercolor classes, Thursday evenings, 6-8 p.m.
Antonio Gonzalez Garcia
- Watercolor classes, Saturday's
- Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens Watercolor Classes
- Saturdays 1-3pm
- $20 non-members, $18 members for 1 day of instruction
- Watercolor classes, Upper Arlington Senior Center
- 1945 Ridgeview Rd, Upper Arlington, OH 43221
- Tuesday afternoons, 1-3 p.m., $10 per class, Silver Sneakers accepted
- Any questions, e-mail Mindy at email@example.com or visit her web site at www.mindy-newman.pixels.com
- Beginning Tuesday, April 13th for 6 weeks.
- Every Tuesday from 5:45pm - 7:30pm @ The Schiller Recreation Center
- The cost of the 6-week class is $60.
- This class is for any artist, beginner thru advanced, wishing to learn the watercolor craft or continue to advance. Classes will include painting demonstrations and critiques. We will explore drawing, composition, color mixing & general watercolor technique. Individual student goals may be determined at the beginning of the session.
- Jeff Stahler is an award winning artist. He is an active member of the Central Ohio Watercolor Society, Ohio Watercolor Society and Ohio Plein Air Society. His art is represented by the Sharon Weiss Gallery.
- Reserve your spot in this class by calling the Schiller Recreation Center (614) 645-3156.
- The class size is limited to 9 artists.
- Upper Arlington Parks and Recreation Department (https://upperarlingtonoh.gov/parks-recreation/)
- 8-week classes
- Any questions contact Vivian at www.vivianripleyart.com or 614-583-5331
- Additional Classes:
- Sat, June 5, 9am-4pm
- Upper Arlington Senior Center Bldg 1, Rm 105
Watercolor on Gesso (1-day workshop)
Take advantage of this day-long opportunity to learn and practice Vivian’s unique gesso technique. Painting on a gesso surface promotes experimentation, creating light values as well as vibrant clean colors. Elements of design and value are stressed through demonstration, individual attention, and class critique. Purchase the gesso-prepared surface, at minimal cost, from the instructor. Some painting experience is helpful. One-hour lunch break. Supply list
July 18-23, 2021
Workshop at Cedar Lakes, WV
Fees range from $420 to $802, depending on room occupancy (the fee includes everything). The commuter-only fee is $212. This week will focus on the wonderful transparency and color vibrancy of the watercolor medium as we learn several methods of application, with demonstration and step-by-step approach. Some new techniques are always presented, with the possibility of painting on new surfaces. Lots of individual attention and helpful critique.
Sat, Aug 7, 9am-4pm
Upper Arlington Senior Center, Bldg 1, Rm 105
Watercolor Pencil and More (1-day workshop)
Combine the drawing control of colored pencils with the paint-like characteristics of watercolor, and open the door to a multitude of creative possibilities. Learn new innovative techniques, and apply them in one or two different projects on a choice of surfaces available for purchase at the class. Additionally, enjoy the possibility of adding watercolor crayons to your mix. Demonstration, individual attention, and constructive critique are included. All levels. One-hour lunch break. Supply list emailed.